top of page

Are you worried about missing security deposits? The Office of New York State Attorney General offers, as an alternative to filing a lawsuit, a mediation service to assist tenants in recovering rent security deposits and interest.

To access the Office’s mediation service, simply file a rent security complaint form with the Office of the New York State Attorney General, Bureau of Consumer Frauds and Protection at 120 Broadway, 3rd Floor, New York, New York, 10271.


You can download that complaint form here.
You should also download the Tenant’s Rights Guide provided by the Attorney General.

bottom of page